She was an inspiration to everyone- America’s “Golden Girl”- and gave hope to people everywhere that it IS POSSIBLE to live a long, happy, healthy, and productive life far into our golden years. In a society that often tells people (particularly women) that they are done and washed up at 40 years old- Betty broke the mold. And she continued to do so nearly 60 years over.
So of course, on New Years’ Eve (a time when I am particularly stressing about how to reposition myself and get my life to where I want it to be) I decided- what better way to encourage, empower and inspire people on how to live their best lives possible than by sharing some of the best, most positive quotes from Betty White?
Because let’s be honest, 2021 was a crap shoot for most of us. And I’m sure we’re all hoping, trying and praying to muster up the strength, inspiration, vision and direction to make 2022 (and every year after) the best yet. Or at least keep improving on and pushing forward the best we can.
But I personally want to help people THRIVE and not just SURVIVE in this life. Because we only get one. So, I also hope to encourage people that it’s never too late to create the life you want and be happy through my upcoming book release “Better Late Than Never”.
But until that book is out, who better to quote than Betty White: America’s Sweetheart and “everybody’s grandmother that you want to party with”.
So, without further ado, here are some of the most empowering quotes from Betty White to encourage you that ‘age ain’t nothing but a number’ and your dreams and “resolutions” are still possible at ANY age. I hope it encourages you and helps push you to live your best life in 2022 like it does me. Because you can. You are capable, you are stronger than you think and it’s BETTER LATE THAN NEVER to create the life you want.
10 QUOTES from BETTY WHITE to Encourage You When Getting Older Scares You and Going into the New Year Makes You Cringe:
* “Don't try to be young. Just open your mind. Stay interested in stuff. There are so many things I won't live long enough to find out about, but I'm still curious about them. You know people who are already saying, 'I'm going to be 30 - oh, what am I going to do?' Well, use that decade! Use them all!”
* “It's your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don't take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.”
* “I think older women still have a full life.”
* “I think it's your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that's a waste of a lovely life. 'Oh... I'm 30, oh, I'm 40, oh, 50.' Make the most of it.”
* “Kindness and consideration of somebody besides yourself. I think that keeps you feeling young. I really do.”
* “My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get. Unless you're a banana.”
* “Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much.”
* “Everybody needs a passion. That’s what keeps life interesting. If you live without passion, you can go through life without leaving any footprints.”
* “I was blessed with a mother and father who said taste the good stuff now and realize how fortunate and how wonderful things are this minute because enough minutes are not wonderful that you have to save up all the good ones to make it balance out.”
And most importantly… don’t ever forget:
* “You're never too old for anything!”